of Planex Hotels LTD,
owners of Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites
in connection with the GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION – REGULATION (EU) 2016/679
By using any of our products/services and/or by agreeing to this Policy, during our communication for any of our products or services, you consent to the collection and use of Personal Data as described herein.
At any touch point or guest interaction and in conducting any aspect of our business, we may collect personal data. This personal data may include: your full name; personal or identification number; contact information, including place of residence or identity document; information related to your booking, stay or visit to any of our properties; participation in a loyalty program; information relating to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, passport number and data and place of issue; billing details, such as your payment card number and other card information as well as authentication data and other billing and payment account details associated with mobile billing; guest preferences; communication and marketing preferences; details of vehicles you may bring onto our properties; booked hotel, flights and rental car packages; groups you are connected with during hotel stays; information provided for client programs and when creating accounts; other information you have chosen to provide to us or we may obtain about you.
In addition, in certain cases we may collect other personal data, such as
- Event Planning: If you plan an event with us, we collect details of the event, date of the event, number of guests, details of guest rooms, and for corporate events – details of your organization (name, annual budget and number of sponsored events per year). We also collect information about the guests who are part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event subject to your preferences as permitted by applicable law. If you visit us as part of an event, we may disclose your personal data to the event planners as permitted by applicable law. If you are an event planner, we may also share information about your event with third-party service providers who may market event services to you as permitted by applicable law.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in social media activities or offerings such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and others sponsored by Planex, we may receive certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and list of friends. We may also allow you to enter into a photo contest, such as photos of your stay with us, which you may share with your social media contacts for voting, shared offers with your friends or other promotions.
- Job Application: If you choose to apply online for a job in some of our properties – Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites, by sending an email, submit your CV on paper to our properties or apply automatically via Jobs.bg or other job-search channels, you automatically consent to send us your personal data you provide to us or Other Information we receive from you.
- Third Parties: We may also collect information about you from third parties, our/your booking partners, payment cards, social media services in accordance with your settings on such services and from other third-party sources that are legally entitled to disclose your data to us. We use and share this information (and we may append this information to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described herein. Thus, besides the information we collect directly by you, we may also aggregated information about you from the data you provide to us or Other Information we obtain.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use your personal data in a variety of ways, including to provide and customize the services you request and expect from Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites, providing in-room hospitality and throughout our properties according to your expectations, conducting marketing promotional sales and as set forth below in more details:
- Promotional Services: We use your personal data for the promotional services you are involved in, including providing access to your account information, such as the status of prizes and offers you are eligible to; to implement services that are part of these programs; to enable direct communication between the properties and you and to facilitate the collection process.
- Meeting and Event Planning: We may use your personal data to provide you with information on meeting and event planning.
- Marketing and Communication: Where permitted, we may use your personal data to provide or offer you promotional offers and up-to-date special offers as well as other marketing messages with any communication preferences you have expressed. We use your personal data to deliver you in-stay messaging, reservation confirmations, events and/or purchased services, to send marketing messages for different promotions. We may deliver these communications via email, postal mail, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), targeted notifications, messages in applications and other means (including on-property messaging such as your in-room TV or audio channel). With your consent, we will also use user-generated content (e.g. photos) from social media services to deliver display advertising or on our websites and apps. We may also collect information from your payment card, which can be appended to your personal data and used by our properties to send you targeted marketing messages based on your payment methods and depending on your preferences to receive messages. We may also partner with third parties to find out if a visitor to our property has an offer for a prompt-payment discount associated with his/her payment card and to provide the visitor with ads and information explaining how to take advantage of that offer through a stay at Boutique Splendid Hotel or Hotel Romance & Family Suites.
- Service Improvements: We may use your personal data to make improvements to our properties’ services and to ensure that our properties, products and services are of interest to you. We also use your data to provide you with the expected level of hospitality in-room and throughout our property.
- Invoices: When paying a service provided by us, you receive an on-site bill/invoice. At your request, we may send the invoices or the hotel bill for the services used in our properties to your email. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have provided us with the correct (and preferred) email address to contact you. If you make a booking on behalf of another person via your email address, we will send a confirmation of that person’s booking back to your email.
- Personal Data Analysis: We may also aggregate your personal data with information from third parties’ sources to keep the information up-to-date and for the purpose of analysis. We may also rely on third parties’ information to provide better and more customized service. For example, if you connect your social media services or other accounts to our services, we may use such information to make your experience with us more personal and social or to share this information and use it as described elsewhere in this Policy.
PERSONAL DATA WE SHARE
In order to offer you the expected level of hospitality and to provide you with the best level of service, we may share your personal data with our service contractors and other third parties as set forth in detail below:
- Group Events and Meetings: If you visit us as part of a group event or meeting, the information collected to plan the event and the meeting may be shared with the planners of such meetings and event and where appropriate with the guests who organize or participate in the meeting or the event.
- Business Partners: We may partner with other businesses to provide you with products, services or offers based upon your experience at our properties and we may disclose your data to our business partners accordingly. For example, we may assist with arranging a rental car or other services from our business partners as well as disclose your personal data to our business partners in order to provide those services. We may also share your personal information, such as your email address, with our corporate tourism partners to help them in assessing compliance with travel rules, participating in special pricing plans or to engage in marketing activities with a joint participation with other brands together with our corporate tourism partners. It is possible that our partners can make you more appropriate offers based on the information we share about your experience at our properties.
- On-property Services: We may share personal data with third-party providers of on-property services such as DJs, wedding agencies, decorators, spa treatments or restaurant services.
- Service Providers: We rely on third parties to provide services and products on our behalf and we may share your personal information with them as appropriate. Generally, our service providers are contractually obliged to protect your personal data and may not otherwise use or share your personal information, except as may be required by law. However, our fraud detection service providers may use, but not share, your personal information for fraud detection purposes. We may use service providers to communicate news and deliver promotional and transactional materials to you on our behalf, including personalized online and mobile advertising in accordance with your preferences and applicable law. Planex Hotels Ltd will only work with people who offer an option to unsubscribe from such advertising.
- Business Data Provision: In the process of developing its business, Planex Hotels Ltd can sell, restructure and reorganized activities and assets or cease operation as hotel/restaurant/spa centre that are currently part of our legal entity. In such cases, Planex Hotels Ltd can transfer, sell or transmit the information collected, including but not limited to other information (as described below) and personal data to one or more related or unrelated third parties in connection with these business transactions. To the extent required by local law, we will notify you of our intention to transmit personal data to a third party for that purpose and will explain how you can object to such a transmission.
- Other: In addition, Planex Hotels Ltd may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Planex Hotels Ltd, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites’ terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
When you visit and interact with Planex Hotels Ltd website- http://www.planexhotels.com/ – we collect other information that does not directly identify you about your use of the site, such as the number of visits to our sites. We use Other Information, as well as data received from third parties, to deliver you email, online on our sites and other sites and mobile advertisements.
The term “sensitive information” refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life, or sexual orientation, genetic information, criminal record, and any biometric data used for the purpose of unique identification. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs (for example, the provision of disability access).
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission. In case of hotel accommodation, you as a guest using our services together with your accompanying child/s, voluntarily provide the child data required for the check-in.
LINK TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Planex Hotels Ltd cooperates with a limited number of Internet Service Providers in order to provide Internet access to our guests. The use of an Internet service in our properties is governed by the terms and conditions for use and the privacy rules the third-party Internet Service Provider. You may access these terms and conditions by using the links on the login page or by going to the website of the Internet Service Provider.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Planex Hotels Ltd will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technological measures to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, please do not send payment card numbers or any other confidential personal information to us via email, they will only be used for the specific case.
TRANSMITTING PERSONAL DATA ABROAD
As a private company, we strive to deliver the same level of service at Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites. In order to provide this service, you acknowledge that we may share your personal data with employees in these properties and with our service providers and other third parties whose location may be outside the premises of the properties. Therefore, we will take the reasonable steps to ensure processing of your personal data as described in this Policy and subject to legal requirements.
CHANGING AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you are a customer of Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites, the information you have provided to us during the check-in can be accessible, reviewed and updated in any time you enter our properties.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, rectify and/or erase personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, you should do it at firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Planex Hotels Ltd cease using personal information about you by contacting us using the emails above. We will seek to honour those requests in consistence with applicable law.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
If storing your personal data is no longer required, we will destroy your personal information as early as practicable and in a way that the information may not be restored or reconstructed.
If printed on paper, the personal information will be destroyed in a secure manner, such as by cross-shredding or incinerating the paper documents or otherwise and, if saved in electronic form, the personal information will be destroyed by technical means to ensure the information may not be restored or reconstructed at a later time.
SELECTION – MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you have provided us with contact information (mailing address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may wish to notify you depending on the preferences you have selected for our products and services or invite you to take part in events via email, online advertising, social media, telephone, text messaging (including SMS and MMS), targeted notifications, letters, our Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Department and by other means.
If you are a guest at Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites, please be advised that there is a 24-hour video surveillance system recording your actions from your entry in our properties until your departure. The recordings of each camera are stored on servers for up to 30 calendar days. Records data may only be used in case of theft or violation of working regulations or damages caused by the guests at the properties, service contractors, employees and/or third parties. Records can only be provided to law enforcement authorities after a document submitted for that purpose.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we make substantial changes to this Policy, we will post a link to the updated version on our homepage, and if you have signed up for any of your products or services, we may also notify you through the communication channel provided by you. You can tell when this Policy was last updated by looking at the link and date at the bottom of the document. Any amendments to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on our site. Use of the site, any of our products and services, and/or providing consent to the updated Policy following such amendment constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Planex Hotels Ltd and the properties: Boutique Splendid Hotel and Hotel Romance & Family Suites processes your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: Varna, ST. ST. CONSTATINE AND HELENA resort, STR. “67 2”.
As noted above, we may periodically change this Policy. To help you track the most significant changes, we will include a list of changes history below to be aware of the changes to our Policy.
Version 2/ Date of issue: 23 May 2020
From the Management of Planex Hotels Ltd